Stewards achieves Full International Award for 2016 to 2019
We are delighted to have achieved the Full International Award for 2016 to 2019 in recognition of the wide range of activities and links that connect pupils at Stewards with the wider world. Stewards Academy has been awarded the coveted Full International School Award on two previous occasions since 2009.
The International Dimension is a way of linking pupils and schools in different countries and even different continents. We all live in the 'Global Village', where new technology such as e-mail and the Internet allow people to communicate ideas around the world at the click of a button.
People now move into another country to work and live far more easily and often than 20 or 30 years ago. Money, workers, technology and ideas can move more freely across borders in both European countries and countries outside Europe. Increasingly, our country is being linked to new, emerging economic superpowers outside Europe and North America, as well as our traditional commonwealth links to Africa and Australia.
The Full International School Award
The ISA recognises international links with several foreign schools, so we could have schools from different continents.
The Full International School Award encourages and supports schools to develop the following:
- An international ethos embedded throughout the school.
- A majority of pupils within the school impacted by and involved in international work.
- Collaborative curriculum-based work with a number of partner schools.
- Year round international activity and the involvement of the wider community.
- Evaluation from a variety of sources allowing you to improve your activities and your international programme.
- Provides ideas for developing collaborative curriculum-based international work with partner schools.
The ISA demands that the 'International Dimension' and links to your partner schools are embedded in the curriculum for all year groups.
The Full ISA it is not just about organising exchange visits for small numbers of pupils, it is about ensuring all pupils have experience of links to your partner schools and the culture of those countries. We continue to work to provide exciting opportunities for our pupils to learn more about the culture and way of life in other countries.