Further Education and Careers
At Stewards we support each and every pupil in making well-informed decisions about their future. Pupils will learn how to find and use careers tools to research their ideas and explore options available to them.
Enquiries for the Careers and Work Related Learning team can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Support on offer includes:
- Individual career guidance interviews.
- Delivery of a career education programme.
- Organised events, guest speakers and Open Day trips.
- Promotion of career related opportunities such as Year 10 work experience.
- Career resources.
- "Drop in" sessions.
What to expect from a Guidance Interview:
- An interview offers Information, Advice and Guidance, is private, and can be used to discuss future plans in any way.
- Common subjects in guidance interviews are. ‘How can I start to make some plans?’ ‘I’m not sure what jobs I’d be good at’.’ Should I look at A Levels or BTECS?’
- A guidance interview will give ‘time out’ to explore options, look at things objectively and think about the implications of any decision.
- Students are requested to come along with any questions and to talk about the things that may be concerning them.
- The aim is to make the picture clearer and to enable planning for the next steps.
The Government has raised the participation age (RPA) so that all young people in England are now required to continue in education or training until at least their 18th birthday.
All about career options, CVs, apprenticeships, and a career test:
Discover and explore careers, everything you need:
Careers information and so much more:
Understand your personality and start thinking about a career:
All about apprenticeships and what opportunities are in your area:
Everything to know about the university process:
Support to help pass GCSEs, psychometric tests or looking for a career
The Academy has recently updated it's Careers and Work Related Learning policy which can be found in full in the Policies and Documents section of this website.
We are delighted to report that Stewards Academy has passed the ROQA (Recognition of Quality Award) for Careers and Work Related Learning. Formal recognition was celebrated at County Hall Chelmsford on the 29th November 2016.
This is a nationally recognised, quality kite mark that has been designed to assess the quality of CEIAG/WRL (Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance/Work Related Learning). The award ensures that more young people are provided with the knowledge and skills to enable them to make a successful transition into employment education and training.