Internal Examination Rules
Information for candidates - Effective from 1 September 2019
- There is to be SILENCE as soon as you enter the exam room. You must not communicate with, or disturb other candidates once you are in the exam room.
- You will be told where to sit, desks are numbered. A seating plan is often on display outside the hall the day before an exam.
- You MUST NOT take into the exam room:
- Coats and bags (Leave them in your locker).
- Mobile phones, ipods, watches.
- You MUST write clearly in Black ink. You are not allowed to use erasable pens, gel pens, highlighters, correcting pens, fluid or tape in your answers.
- Your writing equipment must be placed in a SEE-THROUGH PLASTIC BAG OR PENCIL CASE. (You are advised to have 2 pens, 2 pencils, ruler, rubber, sharpener and calculator)
- Water in a see-through bottle without a label may be taken into the exam room.
- Read carefully the instructions on the question paper and write your answers in the space provided. All your work will be collected and handed in for marking, this includes rough work. Put a neat line through mistakes or anything that you do not want to be marked. Do not doodle on your exam paper.
- Make sure you know the time of your exams. If you arrive late you may have to sit the examination after school.
- You must assemble in the quad/under-croft at least 10 – 15 minutes before the start of an exam and wait there to be called up to the hall. (You do not go to Morning Prep. You will be registered in the exam).