At Stewards Academy we follow the new AQA ‘A’ syllabus. The course runs through years 9, 10 and 11.The syllabus covers a very wide and interesting range of Geographical topics, many of which are regularly in the news.
The course is split into THREE main sections.
Living with the Physical environment (35% of total marks
- The challenge of natural hazards – Volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis & tropical storms.
- Physical landscapes of the UK – Rivers and coastlines.
- Living World – Rainforests and fragile ecosystems.
Challenges in the human environment (35% of total marks
- Urban issues and challenges.
- The changing economic world.
- The challenge of resource management.
Geographical applications (30% of total marks
- Issue evaluation: pre-released exam material.
- Fieldwork (written in exam conditions)
The course is assessed 100% by exams. The fieldwork will be written in exam conditions.
There will be THREE exams at the end of YEAR 11.